Malawian President Peter Mutharika announced a reshuffle of his cabinet on Monday,
17th August 2015.
“His Excellency the State President, Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika, in exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Section 94 (1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, has made some changes to the Cabinet with effect from today, 17th August, 2015,” Chief Government Secretary Mr George Mkondiwa said in a statement announcing the new cabinet list.
Mr Jappie Mhango takes over as Minister of Information, Tourism and Civic Education from Mr Kondwani Nankhumwa, who takes over as Ministers of Local Government.
Dr Peter Kumpalume, a new comer has been given key ministry of health, replacing Dr Jean Kalilani who has been deployed to take over as Minister of Home Affairs taking over from Mr Atupele Muluzi now at Lands.
Following is the full list:
- State President, Minister of Defence and Commander-In-Chief of the Malawi Defence Force and the Malawi Police Service: His Excellency Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika.
- Vice President and Minister Responsible for Disaster and Relief Management, Public Events and Chairperson, Civil Service and Public Service reform Commission: Right Honourable Dr Saulos Klaus Chilima.
- Minister of Finance and Economic Development: Honourable Goodall Gondwe.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: Honourable Dr George Chaponda, M.P.
- Minister of Labour, Youth and Manpower Development: Honourable Henry Mussa, M.P.
- Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security: Honourable Dr. Jean Kalilani, M.P.
- Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare: Honourable Patricia Kaliati, M.P.
- Minister of Health: Honourable Dr. Peter Kampalume, M.P.
- Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs: Honourable Samuel Tembenu.
- Minister of Information, Tourism and Civic Education: Honourable Jappie Mhango, M.P.
- Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining: Honourable Bright Msaka, SC.
- Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development: Honourable Dr Allan Chiyembekeza, M.P.
- Minister of Trade and Industry: Honourable Joseph Mwanamvekha, M.P.
- Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development: Honourable Atupele Muluzi, M.P.
- Minister of Transport and Public Works: Honourable Francis Kasaila, M.P.
- Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Honourable Dr. Emmmanuel Fabiano, M.P.
- Minister of Local Government and Rural Development: Honourable Kondwani Nankhumwa, M.P.
- Minister of Sports and Culture: Honourable Grace Obama Chiumia, M.P.
- Deputy Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Honourable Vincent Winstone Ghambi, M.P
- Deputy Minister of Defence: Honourable Malison Ndau, M.P.